Microsoft Project 2013: Part 1
- 1 day
Welcome to Microsoft Project 2013. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans.
This course is also for anyone seeking to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project 2013.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. The following course can help you in meeting this requirement: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition).
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 8. The following Logical Operations course can help you meet this requirement: Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013: Making the Transition.
Finally, you should have competency in using other Microsoft Office applications—preferably Office 2013. You can take any of the Office 2013 course offerings from Logical Operations.
Lesson 1: Starting a Project
- Topic A: Project Management 101
- Topic B: Navigate and Customize the Project 2013 Interface
- Topic C: Add Tasks to a Project
- Topic D: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic E: Save a Project
Lesson 2: Working with Project Calendars
- Topic A: Manage Project Time Frames
- Topic B: Change Working Time
Lesson 3: Working with Project Tasks
- Topic A: Manage Project Tasks
- Topic B: Add Summary Tasks and Milestones
Lesson 4: Working with Project Resources
- Topic A: Manage Project Resources
- Topic B: Allocate and Level Work Resources
Lesson 5: Delivering a Project Plan
- Topic A: Print Project Views
- Topic B: Share Projects
- Topic C: Export Projects