Microsoft Office Word 2010: Level 3
Course length:1.0 day(s)
Course Objective:You will create, manage, revise, and distribute documents.
Target Student:This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary to manage lengthy documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents.
Prerequisites:Students should be able to use Microsoft® Office Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables, and graphics. Students should also be able to use a web browser and an email program. In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations work. To ensure your success, you need to first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge:
· Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 1
· Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 2
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and the instructor. Each computer should have the following hardware configuration:
· A 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
· A minimum of 256 MB of RAM. (512 MB of RAM is recommended.)
· A 10 GB hard disk or larger. You should have at least 1 GB of free hard disk space available for Office installation.
· A CD-ROM drive.
· A keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
· A 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
· Network cards and cabling for local network access.
· Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
· A printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
· A projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen.
Lesson 1: Using Microsoft Office Word 2010 with Other Programs
· Topic 1A:Link a Word Document to an Excel Worksheet
· Topic 1B:Send a Document Outline to Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®
· Topic 1C:Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
· Topic 2A:Modify User Information
· Topic 2B:Send a Document for Review
· Topic 2C:Review a Document
· Topic 2D:Compare Document Changes
· Topic 2E:Merge Document Changes
· Topic 2F:Review Track Changes and Comments
· Topic 2G:Coauthor a Document
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
· Topic 3A:Create a New Document Version
· Topic 3B:Compare Document Versions
· Topic 3C:Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
· Topic 4A:Insert Bookmarks
· Topic 4B:Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
· Topic 4C:Add Captions
· Topic 4D:Add Hyperlinks
· Topic 4E:Add Cross-References
· Topic 4F:Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Simplifying the Use of Long Documents
· Topic 5A:Insert Blank and Cover Pages
· Topic 5B:Insert an Index
· Topic 5C:Insert a Table of Figures
· Topic 5D:Insert a Table of Authorities
· Topic 5E:Insert a Table of Contents
· Topic 5F:Create a Master Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
· Topic 6A:Hide Text
· Topic 6B:Remove Personal Information from a Document
· Topic 6C:Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
· Topic 6D:Add a Digital Signature to a Document
· Topic 6E:Set a Password for a Document
· Topic 6F:Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
· Topic 7A:Add Form Fields to a Document
· Topic 7B:Protect a Form
· Topic 7C:Automate a Form
Appendix A: Office Word Mobile 2010word 2010